- Practice Schedule
- Coaches & Referees
- About WYSA
- BAYS Zero Tolerance
- No Dogs Allowed
WHS Girls Soccer Summer Skills Training and Update
Submitted by admin on Thu, 05/29/2014 - 07:45
Hi High School Girls Soccer Players and Families
We hope everyone is having a great summer so far.
It is time to sign up for Summer Skills Training, which is held the week before WHS soccer tryouts begin, so it is a good chance to work on skills and conditioning just before tryouts. We are again very pleased to have the training run by former English Premier League player Nick Burke, who is high energy on the soccer field, and who will help the girls with skills and conditioning. The girls have told us in the past that high school tryouts go better if they have been running through the summer, going to captains practices, and attending the skills training the week before tryouts.
SUMMER SKILLS TRAINING
- Week of August 11-15th - at Mylod Field 7-9am
*** Check-in at MYLOD at 6:45am *** Please come prepared to play soccer, and also bring your running shoes.
Registration is OPEN - register on WYSA website, cost is $150. If you are attending the Keene State camp - then the add-on cost is $50.
- run by the Varsity Captains [Abby McMackin, Annie Gallivan, Stephanie Lund, Ashley Levya] start in early July [Mon & Wed 7-8am] at WHS Turco Field. Please arrive 10 minutes early and start to stretch. This is open to all incoming Freshman, Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors. Please wear your running shoes, bring water and your cleats and shin guards and plan to meet the other soccer players and have some fun while getting into shape for the soccer season. Usually they will start with running and fitness, and add in a little soccer when time allows.
- start THU 8/21 with a double session [8-10am and 2:30-4:30pm] at Ellis Field - 22 East St. Double sessions are also likely on Fri 8/22 and Sat 8/23. Normal afternoon practices begin on Monday 8/25.
- Varsity Jamboree will be on SAT 8/30. More details to follow.
- First Varsity/JV game is 9/2
- First Freshman game is 9/8
For tryouts - Bring lots of WATER, CLEATS and SNEAKERS, a soccer BALL, and a snack.
All paperwork must be turned in to the athletic office at Walpole High School by Tuesday, August 19 in order to be eligible to tryout. All necessary forms are located outside Coach Tompkins's office and can be dropped off there as well.
SCHEDULES [DRAFT schedules from Schedule Star USA Today Sports] subject to change, does not include scrimmages
Girls Varsity - http://schedules.schedulestar.com/Walpole-High-School-Walpole-MA/season/...
JV - http://schedules.schedulestar.com/Walpole-High-School-Walpole-MA/season/...
Freshman - http://schedules.schedulestar.com/Walpole-High-School-Walpole-MA/season/...